Re: E-memberships

In a message dated 4/1/2006 10:58:25 A.M. Central Standard Time,
keisling@swbell.net writes:

Sorry to  disagree about JT on-line.  While I know that many organizations
have  on-line training, I question whether it's a good fit for us for several
reasons which we can discuss if we ever get to that point. For one thing,
there is much to be said in favor of the personal interaction between the
students and instructor in JT training. Yes, we could have "interactive"  training,
but from my experience it's pretty pricey to implement (I've had  experience
with setting up e-training) and do it right.

Topics that might work, however, would be Awards & Ballots and  Ethics.
Those seem like 2 classes that most people don't like to  instruct and not offered
on a regular basis in most regions.

I'm with Judy Keisling on the e-JT training.  Personal interaction is  so-o-o
important in Judges' Training.  And I believe this includes Ethics  too.  Ask
the folks in Colorado or Kansas about the Ethics class  participation
training that the Morris's conduct.  It has been well  received and works so much
better than a dry lecture.  I think some old  time Judges have had their eyes
opened a bit by this approach.

Jim M.