Re: Motion regarding foreign registrations

On 8/21/2011 10:37 AM, Jill Bonino wrote:

Hi All,

Estimated Registration Income

From 9-30-10                                    $8890

Sales of R&I 3720 (per John Ludi's Storefront Rpt.5-10...254 + 118 per 10-10 report @ $10

Sales of Checklists _1632_(per Storefront Report 5-10...56 + 40 per 10-10 report @ $17

Total Income/Sales                           $14,242

Now, it looks like we have a profit from the Sales of R&Is and Checklists each year compared to the annual printing cost of the R&Is, but as Cheryl mentioned in her post we don't sell all of the books we pay to print each year. Per John Ludi's 9-30-10 Storefront Inventory report AIS has back inventory of R&Is and Checklists valued at $105,797. Estimating that the cost of these books was half what we are charging, that is still $52,900 of unrecouped costs AIS has written off without matching income over the years.

Until those costs are recouped in income, AIS has not made a profit off of the R&Is and Checklists either. This added foreign registration fee will help cover our costs, not balance our budget.

I am not sure that is right.

John Ludi's inventory report gives the value of remaining stock at current prices. It is not the total cost of printing all the checklists and R&I's minus sales. (We have found it hard to get those numbers.)

Some items (notably R&I's from early in a decade) have, I believe, already made a profit, despite having sizable remaining inventory Many or most others have at least covered a fair percentage of printing costs.

If we sold the entire inventory, some of the $105,000 would go toward covering expenses, but most would be profit.

BTW, I do agree with many others that John Jones's motion does an excellent job of being fair to all.

Gerry Snyder