Re: member suggestion

In a message dated 4/12/2006 1:56:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bfilardi@comcast.net writes:

Hi  all:  Received the following today; I think the suggestion about having a
 video running on a monitor during the show is brilliant!:

Hello  Bruce;

My name is Sandy Olsen, I am a member of Shasta Iris Society  (Region 14) in
Redding, California.

I just received the  April bulletin and read with interest the article by
Sheldon
Butt on  preparing iris for display at iris shows (p 71).  While this
information
was good and very timely, it prompted me to write to find out why the
society
doesnt have a training video that would cover all aspects of  entering an
iris
show  distinguishing the front of the iris,  transporting, what judges are
looking for, etc.  Not only would this  be helpful to the exhibitor, I think
the
general public would love to have  this shown on a monitor during shows.

Would a film project be  expensive?  Do we have a qualified member with
filming
experience to  produce a video?

P.S.  The bulletin is looking great!  Good  job!

Yes, producing a video would be a good idea but doing a Power Point  program
to send out by CD (CHEAP!!) would also be useful and, since many groups  now
have digital projectors, would be easy to distribute!

Rita  Gormley
Gormley Greenery
Cedar Hill, MO
AIS Region 18, Zone  5