Re: JT Handbook Revisions

Well here is a thought. I dislike the term "Retired Master Judge" because  it
implies the person cannot judge an iris show, which is not correct. One
suggestion would be to call a person in this class "Master Show  Judge." It is a
more positive term. People are often frantic to get show judges,  and often
they do not realize that "retired" master judges can be asked.

And while on the subject, if I controlled the world we would go back  to a
system of garden judges and show judges (the standards of which would  not have
to be so stringent). When a garden judge fails to get required  training, vote
the ballot two years running, or make required reports, their  services might
be retained as a show judge. These people are normally  well-qualified to
judge shows, and we certainly need more people available to  judge shows. Food
for thought.

If you don't like my suggestions, I will not be offended. Just trying to be
helpful. Clarence Mahan