Re: [AISvote] Membership Expiratin Data

In a message dated 3/8/2007 12:18:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,
aisgensec@earthlink.net writes:

Good  Morning to All AIS voting members,
On March 5, 2007 John Jones stated that  he had found a very reasonable
proposal to provide the programming for the  ability for people to look up their
membership expiration date, and to get  lists of Regional members and their
expiration dates.  It will cost  somewhere between $600 and $700 to get this job
done according to the general  direction decided at the board meeting.
"Therefore, I move that the  Chair of the Electronic Services Committee be authorized
to spend up to $700  from the Electronic Services Restricted Fund to pay for
the development of the  ability to check membership expiration online."  This
motion was seconded  by Robt Pries that same day.  John emailed me yesterday
and asked me to  place this on AISVote as no further comment or discussion
ensued.   Therefore, I am officially placing this item before the voting members
of the  American Iris Society for your balloting purposes.  For the record, I
vote YES for the measure (having served as an RVP and needing this !
very  same information for the Affiliation Form it was a constant exchange of
info  between Tom and myself, this program would allow immediate access and
alleviate the need to constantly contact Tom for this info).  This  channel is
now officially open for voting.  Patricia Randall, AIS General  Secretary

I vote yes on this motion.

Jim Morris
http://www.aol.com.