Re: [AISvote] Confirmation of RVP for Region 16

In a message dated 1/17/2008 12:03:51 P.M. Central Standard Time,
SAMMYGIZ@aol.com writes:

Good day  to all AIS voting members.

Louise Carson moved and Brad Kasperek  seconded, that Kate Brewitt be
appointed to the RVP position  for
Region 16 .  I am therefore, opening  this proposal for  official voting.  As
soon as the qualified number of  ballots  have been cast, I will notify all
of
you regarding the closing of  the  voting.

My official vote is YES.

Michelle Snyder
AIS Secretary

All,

I vote YES.

I must say Canada confuses me.  The Canadian Iris Society is separate  and
indicates such in their web site _http://www.cdn-iris.ca/_
(http://www.cdn-iris.ca/) .  They were  formed in 1946 and operated as a Section of AIS until
reorganizing in  1958.  It begs the question to me as to why we continue to have
Canada as a  Region of AIS?  Someone enlighten me please.  I know that Canada is
 part of North America thus the "American" context, but so is Mexico which
isn't  listed and where reportedly there have been some iris species growing at
altitude, and where there have been some arils/arilbreds reportedly grown as
well.  Just asking.  Nobody get upset please.

Jim M.