Re: [AISvote] Motion to vote

In a message dated 2/21/2006 10:20:56 PM Central Standard Time,
patannran@msn.com writes:

Hello  Voting Members-----
John Ludi has informed us that the AIS Storefront is  sold out of the Basic
Iris Culture booklet.  The AIS Board members, at  their meeting in November,
approved the reprinting of the BIC  booklet.  As the revised edition of the
booklet will not be completed  in the near future John has proposed the
following motion: "I make a motion  that the American Iris Society reprint
2000
copies of the 2nd Edition of  the Basic Iris Culture booklet with no
substantive changes at a cost of  $1000.00".  This motion has been seconded by
Treasurer Jill  Bonino.  Voting is now open for 14 days.  I vote "yes".
Patricia  Randall, Secretary

I vote "no".  And I want to see the details of the proposed  revision.  I
want to know if the Publication Committee has had adequate  input into any
revisions.  As I remember it our November vote was based on  scarce facts.  I didn't
feel comfortable then and I don't now.

Jim Morris