Re: [AISvote] Confirmation of Cheryl Deaton for RVP Counselor

In a message dated 12/2/2010 10:45:37 A.M. Central Standard Time,
AISSecretary@irises.org writes:

Hi  all,

I think that with all that has been going back and forth the last  couple
of days the below item may have got lost in the  shuffle.   I just wanted
to make sure the matter hasn't been  forgotten.

Michelle

"President Judy Keisling has appointed  Cheryl Deaton as the new RVP
Counselor.  However as with appointing a  new director, Article V - Board
of Directors, Section 6 states in  part:

"The AIS  Board of Directors shall designate one of its
members as advisor to the  AIS Board of
Counselors, which shall consist of the AIS Regional
Vice  Presidents."....

As such, she is seeking confirmation of this  appointment."

We just got back in town from visiting our son's family in Toledo.   I'm
all for this as Cheryl is already on the Board and why do we have to confirm
Judy's appointment?  I don't see anything in the above wording requiring
it.  Cheryl is well qualified and interested in doing a fine job which I am
sure she will do.

And I don't understand the statement "with all that has been going back and
 forth the last couple of days..."  The only other email I have backed up
in  my email was a proposed appointment to the Board.  ??

Jim