Re: [AISvote] Lenght of discussion for motions - vote

I vote yes, Jeanne Clay Plank
Please note:
I wish, however, to register my displeasure with the lengthy time-frames set
out in this motion and wish to see this action revisited at the Fall Meeting.
 Right now it is important to get this motion off the table in order to get
to the motion by Gary White sealing with scientific grant proposals.

In a message dated 8/19/08 7:14:50 AM, AISSecretary@irises.org writes:

> Greetings to all AIS voting members.  Jill Bonino moved and Bob Pries
> seconded the following motion regarding the lenght of time motions be
> out on AISDiscuss and on AISVote.  Once the time frame for voting has
> finished I will notify you.
>
> "Once a motion has been made and seconded electronically, email motion
> discussion will be allowed for a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 14
> days.  In the interest of prompt action on AIS business, if after 7 days
> there have been no more than 3 emails discussing the motion, the General
> Secretary will place the motion on AISVote.  The voting period will be 14
> days unless otherwise specified by the AIS President.  Once the voting
> period has been completed, the AIS General Secretary will post the
> official results of the voting on AISDiscuss."

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.