RE: [AISvote] Vote on Grant to Andrew Wheeler

I vote a resounding YES to the Andrew Wheeler research proposal.

E. Roy Epperson

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-aisvote@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisvote@aisboard.org] On
Behalf Of Patricia Randall
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:58 PM
To: AISvote@aisboard.org
Subject: [AISvote] Vote on Grant to Andrew Wheeler

Good Afternoon to all the AIS voting members,
First I would like to apologize for being out of the loop for the past
several days, we packed up our old city hall and moved to our new digs at
our beautiful new 4 story (skyscraper by Rio Rancho standards - only one
other 4 story building within city limits !) building in our new City Center
area.  The 10 - 11 hour days of packing and unpacking have been brutal, all
this in addition to several iris digs and two iris sales to assist with have
left me with zero spare time.  I have followed the conversation regarding
the grant request by Andrew Wheeler, and do note that there has been a great
response on the confer channel.  A motion was presented by Jerry Coates,
2007 RVP Representative: "I recommend that we follow the recommendation of
the Committee and move that AIS fund the Andrew Wheeler Study."  Please
note, from disclosed information provided in Gary White's notice, the amount
requested for this study is $2500.00, and has been recommended by nearly all
of the voting bo!
 ard members.  This motion has been seconded by Jill Bonino.  As the proper
channels have been utilized, I therefore, open this proposal for official
voting (wanted to get this in the loop before I travel out of town later
today).  I will follow along with ballots, as cast over the next few days,
when I return from Las Cruces, NM late Sunday.  Am leaving work at 3:00 PM
today, and will be traveling to Las Cruces to attend the Region 23 Fall
Convention and Business Meeting.  As soon as the qualified number of
affirmative ballots have been cast, I will notify all of you regarding the
closing of the voting.  For the record-----I vote YES for this proposal.
Patricia Randall, AIS Secretary

The archives for AISVote are at:
http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisvote/