AIS Centennial Shopping

Dear all,

I wanted to invite you to visit the Shopping website for the AIS Centennial
Anniversary created at CafePress:

http://www.cafepress.com/theamericanirissociety

*Benefits:*

With CafePress, AIS pays nor for costly inventory. All items listed are
produced on demand, and shipped by CafePress as directed by each customer.

Easy production, easy shipping, no AIS volunteers are involved, saving time
and money.

*Fees (to be paid by AIS) are as follows: *

*Account holders that have a valid credit card on file will pay a Shop fee
at the following rates:*

*$59.95 for 1 year (only $5 per month!)*

*b*Note: not sure what these fees cover but having a workable shopping
website alone is worth the fees, if we could at least sell a t-shirt a
month.

*b*
There's a second option, which is deducting these fees from commissions
bdue, b
but then
binstead of $5 per month, b
it's $10 per month.

*bIncome for AIS: b*
Each item sold brings $5 to the AIS Treasury (i.e. one t-shirt sold, pays
AIS $5; a hat sold pays AIS $5).

*Other Details: *

Working with CafePress does not limit AIS the ability to sell merchandise
only produced by them.
Merchandise in the website I put together for now are only those recently
added; check frequently to find added items.
I can add as much merchandise as necessary from now until 2020.

Working with CafePress does not limit AIS in any way to produce and sell
items produced by other vendors.

Payments by CafePress to AIS are funneled to AIS electronically via PayPal.

The website is ready to go, and if the AIS Board approval is received we
can start promoting it via social media, the Bulletin, News & Notes, and
the AIS website.

Example: here's how the Hemorrocallis Society handles their shop:

http://www.zazzle.com/ahsstore/products

Note: I researched Zazzle, but I find CafePress much easier to work with.

*MOTION*

For the record:

"I would  like to make a motion that the AIS Board gives me (and the 2020
Centennial Committee) authorization to have this relationship with
CafePress to produce any items necessary in order to promote The American
Iris Society's Centennial Anniversary Celebration."

--
*Andi Rivarola*
*bThe American Iris Society, 2nd VP*

*b*