From: "Susan Grigg" <101d@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:21:16 AM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Catalog Scanning Project

I also think that it will be of great benefit to have the catalogs on
the IE. Bob has begun scanning the Cooley catalogs with permission from
the heirs, and can use the features of the IE to provide searches and
links to other material in the IE. I don't think it's too repetitive to
have the scanned catalogs *both* places, on the AIS website and on the
IE. I agree that this will help the AIS Foundation's requirement for
now, so I'm in favor of that; but let's also begin to plan ahead for
projects that will keep AIS growing and vibrant. We need some forward
thinking, imagination and dedication to find new ways to move AIS back
to prominence. Bob is doing this free of charge to AIS, and I'm sure
that John and Bob can find a way to work together on this important
project. What a great treasure to have for irisarians in the future!
Susan Grigg

--
Bob Pries
Zone 7a