Re: From Anner Whitehead

HI a very small hi,  Ibm thenew RVP for region one and canbt sit by without saying something.

Everyone in this organization, Ibm sure, has a similar schedule as I do-they care and because they care, they volunteer.  Like so many of you Ibm busy working. I work three jobs, volunteer in my community and church and serve on five different horticultural boards.  I sell real estate and work for a busy RE/MAX brokerage in Boston and the surrounding communities with 12 offices and I float to everyone of them.

Out of the five volunteer boards, two of them communicate via email volley.  Something I personally canbt keep track of.  I have hundreds of messages just from one volunteer position I hold AIS RVP.

I didnbt realize when I took the position that it was so email involved and want to apologize.  I was told I could voice the regionbs concerns at the convention meeting and by attending the annual meeting.  I try to keep members in my region involved in what is going on- like the discussion of new board openings, the Dykes pre-requisite discussion the regional meeting and how to increase membershipb&. But Ibm lost on this last one.

In the past Ibve been part of GSUSA for my area and found that replying directly to whomever made the motion that started the discussion works effectively.  Simply send the e-mail out to yourself and bcc all others, so that when they reply it goes only to one.  They can then hit reply and it only goes to you.  It delays the instant volley but it also gives more people time to voice their own opinion and possibly influence the conversation.  I like to hear all sides before I make a decision.

 The originator then compiles a cut &n paste version of the discussion, so that we have a summary of concerns and suggestions.  It is then shared by the originator of the amendment, with a recommendation and a final volley goes back to that person only and is presented at the meeting for a vote.

 Is there any possibility we can handle discussion this way?

I realize it sounds daunting for the person hoping for a change, but I know myself and if I want change Ibm passionate about it and I would be willing to take on the task of summarizing the board members opinions if I wanted something done.  Ibm sure we all share the same passion.

Thank you to all that do participate:   Ibm trying to follow along and appreciate your input.

Sincerely,

Linda Corapib

Sent from Windows Mail