Re: New Motion

The precedent has been that for a simple, straightforward request, such as the one I am making, it has always been approved by the full board and not a committee. Case in point John Jones presented a request from the New Zealand iris Society at this Spring meeting. It did not go through the intellectual property committee but directly to the board. I would feel better following the same procedure. I do direct appropriate issues to the committee. I have submitted, a separate question from a member, to the intellectual property committee. That was a policy issue that should have been answered this summer. It has yet to be resolved.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jody Nolin" <835963e01@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2014 5:03:43 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] New Motion

This sound totally in keeping with our goal of education.
Since the AIS holds the copyright on World of Irises, and the encyclopedia
is AIS, does this even need a motion or can the intellectual property just
committee recommend this?

Jody Nolin

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Gerry Snyder <7e2de1ee1@rewrite.aisboard.org

--