Re: Fw: AIS Photo Contest, award rhizomes, shipping overseas

In a message dated 9/8/2009 9:09:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,
AISSecretary@irises.org writes:

I  agree.  Sounds like a win-win situation to me.  I also think that  just
getting a consensus of the board is enough to make this  happen.

Michelle

K. Loberg wrote:
>      After a couple of email discussions with our overseas Photo Contest
Winner
> in Spain, he has said
> "I am so delighted to have won  the runner up prize in your competition,
that I
> am not at all  concerned about the 'prize'.  For me just winning is quite
> enough  as photography is something I have always enjoyed."
>
> I have  asked him specifically about an alternative award of an AIS
membership
>  or extension, and his response indicates his wife has a 3 year AIS
membership
> and he would be agreeable to accept some sort of extension  of her
membership.

> Would it be acceptable to all that we give  him his Runner-Up award as a
one
> (1) year extension to his wife's 3  year AIS membership?  By concensus
can we
> agree to do this, or  does it have to be some sort of vote?
>
> Thanks.
> Kitty  Loberg
> AIS Photo Contest Chairperson

Okay with me.  Jim Morris