Re: Upcoming Fall Board Meeting Agenda

In a message dated 9/6/2008 11:36:34 A.M. Central Standard Time,
AISSecretary@irises.org writes:

To all  persons submitting reports at the fall meeting:  Since I want to
have  the agenda as complete as possible before leaving on vacation on
Sept. 26,  and before sending it to Roy for his final input, please let
me know  within the next two weeks if there is a specific topic I should
add to the  agenda under your name.

Thank you,

Michelle  Snyder

Michelle,

Agenda items requested from Section  Liaison Consultant:

1.  Status of Section/Cooperating Society Presidents' request for an  AIS
Committee to study AIS/Section reduced fee joint membership with cost  reduction
shared by AIS and Section or Cooperating Society.

2.  Status of SLI for Section consideration review.

3.  Status of Canadian Iris Society's request to become an AIS  Cooperating
Society.

4.  Discussion of proposed inclusion of age or DOB in Clarke Cosgrove  youth
nominations for subjective review by the Judges as to perceived
maturity/percociousness/experience or lack thereof.

5.  Reconstitution of Judges' Training Handbook Revision Committee to  be
more inclusive of Section representatives.

We should all be prepared to discuss all proposed agenda items by BOD
officers/committees but hold our discussion for the Board meeting which is  getting
close.

One exception is regarding #2 above:  Bob Plank and I have been  requested to
write an article for the SLI Journal the Fleur de Lis  pointing out
advantages to SLI potentially moving from Cooperating Society  status to Section
status.  Bob and I would really like to pick your  collective brains as to
advantages and responsibilities for Section  status.  If you would provide your
thoughts on this then Bob and I can  complete a reasoned article by the November 1
publication deadline.  Thank  you.

Jim M.