Fwd: [AIS Discuss] Upcoming Fall Board Meeting in Portland - 1st reminder

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Claire S <itsaclearday.claire@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [AIS Discuss] Upcoming Fall Board Meeting in Portland - 1st
reminder
To: <ais-discuss@googlegroups.com>, Claire S <itsaclearday.claire@gmail.com>

Claire, I cannot send this to AIS-discuss. I can receive messages but canbt
send any. Keeps telling me my password is wrong, but I canbt change it.
Please forward my message to AIS-discuss.
Thanks, Betty

>> Sent from my iPad
>>

>>> Hello, everyone,
>>>
>>> I will not be in Portland, but I have submitted my report and have
asked Gerry and Claire to field questions for me re. the Handbook revision.
>>> Since submitting my report, I have talked with Carolyn Hawkins re. The
Artistic Division chapter.

>>> I have traveled a lot this year and have put aside personal health and
business matters, so I am trying to catch up before the end of the year.
>>> A horrific accident almost two weeks ago has slowed me down once again,
but Ibve dusted myself off and hope to make some progress.
>>> I sent the following message to Colorado Federation of Garden Clubs
members and am copying this group so you will know whatbs going
>>> on.
>>>
>>> Betty Roberts
>>>
>>> Resending the following message to AIS-discuss:

this coming weekend. Circumstances somehow, sometimes dictate otherwise.
Albuquerque on Friday evening. We started back home on Saturday and had an
unfortunate, traumatizing accident 5 miles south of Raton shortly before
7:30 p.m.  A 1,000+ lb. elk hit our auto on the right front fender and then
landed on the windshield and flew off to the side of the road. The car was
totaled, and the policeman who drove us into Raton after much investigation
told us many lose their lives in such circumstances and told us the elk was
bigger than a horse. Needless to say, my daughters and I are grateful the
good Lord was looking after us and are happy to be alive.

stayed there until my son-in-law, LaMar Sommers, could drive to Raton from
the Springs. By then it was almost 11 p.m., so we spent the night there and
returned home on Sunday. The three of us have spent the day trying to
collect our wits after such a horrific experience.

cancelled. It will not be easy getting back on the road; however, I was in
a near-death accident on an Albuquerque freeway and my fellow teachers told
me to get in the car and drive as soon as possible. That was good advice,
and even though I wasnbt driving on Sunday, I feel apprehensive about
getting behind the wheel.

unable to sleep following the accident, so for now Ibm trying to catch up
on some rest.

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 8:13 AM Michelle Snyder <AISSecretary@irises.org>
wrote:

> [...]
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ais-discuss/82334346-6dc1-04db-fdd4-32617d0
960cb%40irises.org

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ais-discuss/82334346-6dc1-04db-fdd4-32617d
0960cb%40irises.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> --

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ais-discuss/2ee2ae79-17a3-3340-bf02-2259cd3
0f85b%40irises.org

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ais-discuss/2ee2ae79-17a3-3340-bf02-2259cd
30f85b%40irises.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>