Re: New AIS Editor

Kathleen welcome to your new position; Feel free to ask for anything I might provide to help you. You will have a tough act to follow nut it sounds like you can do it.

----- Original Message -----
From: MORRISJE1@aol.com
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Cc: kathwrites@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:03:47 PM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] New AIS Editor

All,

It is my pleasure to announce that Kathleen Sonntag of Region 14 has
accepted the position of Editor of Irises, The  Bulletin of the American Iris
Society.  Kathleen will begin with the  January 2014 issue (deadline of
November 1, 2013).  She has been in touch  with our publisher Gene Mandish of
Sundance Press in Tucson, AZ for publishing  requirements and will interface with
outgoing editor Kelly Norris for transition  files next week following her
daughter's wedding this weekend.

Kathleen has most recently been involved with publication of the Region 14
The Bulletin.  She brings a wealth of  editor/writer/e-design/computer
skill instruction experience from diverse  employers General Dynamics,
CTB/McGraw-Hill, Tor House Foundation, Monterey  Peninsula College, three combined
school districts Adult Schools, as well as  freelance positions.  She is a
Master Gardener and has edited the Monterey  Bay Master Gardener Newsletter.
She is proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional,  Adobe
InDesign 5.5, Photoshop 3, iPhoto, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.   She has
been an instructor and technology coach in both Mac and Windows  operating
systems.

Please join me in welcoming Kathleen to her new position as AIS Editor!
She may be contacted at _kathwrites@gmail.com_ (mailto:kathwrites@gmail.com)
or in Carmel,  CA at 831-626-4151.

Jim Morris
President