Re: Farewell

Bob,

I would like to offer my appreciation for your dedication and hard work
for AIS.  I know the amount of time you put into your work was a
tremendous amount but, you have been a GREAT ASSET to AIS.  Thank you for
serving in the directorship position and I hope you will continue working
for AIS in the future....we need your experience and dedication.

THANK YOU.

Paul

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:29:17 -0400 (EDT) Robert Pries
<robertpries@embarqmail.com> writes:
> I wish to express a farewell to THE BOARD as I leave as a director.
> Since THE
> BOARD really is a constantly changing entity with every year four
> directors
> coming and four going there are several directors who are new and
> several that
> are no longer on the board that were there during my term. But to
> all I say
> thank you for serving and allowing me to serve. Few understand the
> amount of
> work that many of the directors put into this job.

> When I came to the board 5 years ago I was filling a position of a
> director
> who left so I did not serve a full 6 years. Nonetheless I thought
> surely 5
> years was enough to get us out of the hole we were in. Today we are
> still in
> the hole, but I think we can finally see a way out. The erosion of
> our
> membership has been constant over 16 years and I think The Board was
> in denial
> when I came. Partly because the prevailing view was that every plant
> organization was failing. I hope I have dispelled that myth. Yes
> only a few
> had been prospering and even those had occasionally down turns. But
> the more I
> have studied the problem, the more optimistic I am over the
> possibilities.
> Unfortunately possibilities are only a promise that without
> hard-work, and
> change cannot be realized. It is often too easy to just do what we
> have been
> doing. I know of no area that can not be improved. We must examine
> what we
> think is good and make it better. THE BOARD is charged with the
> well-being of
> the society. I wish it the luck, the intelligence, and the energy to
> make the
> society great again.

> Being off the board, I may be less active. But Judy has asked me to
> stay with
> some of my duties. Remember when I show discouragement with THE
> BOARD, I still
> respect the individuals that serve. I will try to celebrate when THE
> BOARD
> solves a problem, but I do not apologize that I will always be
> thinking of
> where we can be, not where we are.

SHOCKING: 2010 Honda Civic for $1,732.09
BREAKING NEWS: Is this a SCAM? You WON&#39;T believe what we found!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4cc49123e85a98df13m02vuc