Iris Wiki-Posting Pics

As many of you have seen that the Iris wiki is still under construction and
there is not a lot there yet. We are still working on making it as easy as
possible and some things still require adjustment.

You may view what is there without registering, but the fun will be in helping
create this illustrated Iris encyclopedia. Before you try to log on, PLEASE
follow the following instruction: You will be asked for you first and last
name in two boxes. A third box will automatically display those names as a
wiki word. A fourth box will ask for a login name PLEASE use the wiki name as
your login name. This will help us enormously in the future when there will be
hundreds of names of users. If you have trouble registering contact me.

Once you have registered you may add pictures to any cultivar that already has
a page. So far very few cultivars have pages but if you send me a list of
cultivars you would like to add, I will create the pages and then you will be
able to add the pictures. Adding a picture is easy, you click attach on the
cultivar page and you will be presented with a box that asks for the file name
of the picture, fill this in. You will also see a second box that allows you
to commentbthis is where you write the name of the cultivar and give the
photographers name, date and place if known.. A third set of boxes should be
left unchecked PLEASE DO NOT CHECK and then you are ready to submit.

For now this simple training should avoid some hassles for us later as we work
on making the wiki. I would welcome a good number of you to register and add a
picture, once you begin I promise it will be easier in the future. Remember
pictures should be 75Kb or less.