Website Re-Design Criteria

Well I have gotten a few more Worksheet comments with a lot of good
input.

A lot of the comments werevcoriented towards other information we
should have on the website but almost all of the responses centered
on the same main purposes for the website.

Following are the criteria for the Home page and general navigation
for the re-designed website.

We need a multi-purpose website. In priority order the criteria are:

1. Be welcoming to new users seeking information on how to grow,
cultivate, and use irises in the garden and in the home. Get their
interest and keep them moving around the site.

2. Encouraging new visitors to join the society

3. Provide useful information to existing members

4. Provide administrative users with the information they need.

We want the home page to be uncomplicated and easy to navigate onward
to the four basic venues. We also want the Home page to be primarily
oriented to the first purpose.

There will be a lot of navigation issues beyond the Home page but
those can be addressed as they come up. What we will need is a
flexible architecture that allows us to adapt and change as we move
forward and time changes the needs for the site. We dont want to
design a navigation architecture that is too closely designed for our
needs today and consequently restricts us from doing things we need
in the future.

I think that Brad Ks suggestions for the home page are some of the
best and reflect the general consensus of how to approach the new
visitors. We will want to have a range of pictures for the Home page
including people and gardens in addition to beauty shots of irises.

John