Re: Draft 2015 AIS ballot available

Janet,

Thanks for replying. My responses are interspersed below.

On 11/13/2014 7:33 PM, George and Janet Smith wrote:
Gerry,

I see an extra space between paragraphs 3 and 4.
Yes, by looking carefully I do see that the spacing there is slightly greater than for the other paragraphs, but looking at the script that generates it I don't see why. Maybe I will later. But if that turns out to be the biggest problem with the ballot I will be ecstatic.

If "aril" is a title doesn't it need to be capitalized?
(i.e.: Pure Aril and 50% Aril????  several spots where it is not.
Previous ballots capitalized only the first words of class descriptions, including lower-case for "aril" and "arilbred" when those words were not initially located.

Eric Nies put 2 names under 2 names and it would be more readable an
you can then stretch out the longer iris names.
Yes, I did that and it does look better. Thanks for the suggestion.

I do see several spaces between others that are single spaced (yes I
know some of the names wrap around and make the space others do not.
The names go into a table, and if one name on the row takes two lines they all have to move down. It does not look good, but that is the only I know of to make the printed ballot and the on-line one line up with each other.

If you used a slightly smaller font size would it help the names not
wrap around?  No not so small is it hard to read for the judges.
I already get comments about the ballot being hard to read. I really want to avoid making the font smaller.

That is what I see at the moment!

Janet Smith
California-getting wet at the moment-Yippie!  Water! ! !

Thanks again for taking the time to look over the ballot.

Gerry Snyder