AIS Bulletin updates!

Hello folks!

It's my pleasure to announce that starting with the January 2011 issue,
Irises: The Bulletin of The American Iris Society will be printed in FULL
color by vote of the AIS Board this past weekend (at a savings to the
Society no less thanks to a change of printing vendors!)

This is also a friendly reminder of the upcoming editorial deadline for the
January 2011 issue on November 15.  I'm also again soliciting your
contributions for the new department called "In Your Backyard".  This is a
great opportunity for any of our AIS readers (and non-AIS readers too!) to
contribute little pieces (less than 500 words!) about "what's goin' on" in
your garden.  What varieties grew well this season?  What turned out to be
your favorite cultivar?  Did you grow a new species and have tremendous
success?  Did a few must-haves become must-composts?  Tell us your garden
news!  We want to hear from YOU!

Here's the redux:

1)      Send to editor@irises.org your short (less than 500 word)
contributions!

2)      Send along a photo of yourself or of your garden (must be
publishable quality, 300 dpi resolution, and a JPEG or TIFF)

As always, I'm open to suggestions from anyone.  Provide your feedback and
help make your official magazine a success!

Editorially yours,

--Kelly

Horticulturally,

Kelly D. Norris

Farm Manager, Rainbow Iris Farm

Editor, Irises: The Bulletin of the American Iris Society

Bedford & Ames, IA

Zone 4b/5a

Read my blog at:  <http://www.kellydnorris.com/> http://www.kellydnorris.com

Check out my bookazine at:   <http://www.digthismag.com/>