AIS Seal

The current seal (or logo) was designed in the mid fifties and first published in Garden Irises in 1959. However that particular version had 1921 as the date instead of 1920 the correct founding date for the society.

Some time afterwards the seal was re-rendered to incorporate the correct date. The 1921 dated version was used as recently as 1978 in the reprint of TWOI. We have copies of the correct one, but I would like to find when it was first published.

Anyone have any references?

Thanks

John