----- Original Message -----
From: <MORRISJE1@aol.com>
To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Kitty,
I agree that we need something cataloging the Library Inventory.   Maybe
there is one and I just haven't heard of it.  Not knowing what  is there I
have several times had to ask McNames or Tracy Plotner to do a search  for me.
The process is not timely.  I've been to Presby Gardens but  never to the
basement room that houses the AIS Library.  I certainly  believe that Presby
could house a semi-permanent AIS Display of our History (or  whatever) such
as a branch library does of main library displays.

I find the Jack Finney OCR-scanned AIS Bulletin Table of Contents to be of
much help since Gesine Lohr has put them in PDF format.

Jim M.

I have followed the discussions on a proposed satellite library with
interest.   I  certainly can not see why there could not be multiple library
exhibits if
 there is a willing entity to host a secondary exhibit.   After all, real
libraries generally have branch libraries, and they do lend/share items
between branches.   But I do have a  question.   Is there a proper library
catalog of what is being  kept in the AIS library?   Is this catalog
available to the  membership for review and lookup of items?  Many real
libraries now  have on line catalogs.   I went looking to the AIS website
to see if something was there, I did not see anything, did I miss  it?   A
simple PDF catalog file/list would be a good  start.  How does anyone know if
there is something of important  interest for them residing in the current
library if there isn't an  available catalog?
Kitty