Re: Protocol

In a message dated 11/20/2005 3:30:20 AM Central Standard Time,
CEMahan@aol.com writes:

I  assume everyone on the Board knows that the Italian Iris Society is
planning a symposium on garden irises in conjunction with its annual
competition  in
2006. Maretta Colasante invited me to submit a paper  to the symposium, and I

just competed and sent it to her. It is  titled "The Father of Garden Iris
Culture" and it explains how  Christiane Filloles, Anne Marie Chesnais and I
were
able through research  to discover biographical information on
Marie-Guillaume de Bure, the  man who launched the iris as a  popular garden
flower in
France in  the 1820s. The first chapter of my book on  the early history of
garden
irises, which is now being edited by the publisher,  is a biography  of de
Bure
and his famous iris 'Buriensis'.

I was very pleased  with the action of the Board to give the Warburton Medal
to the  Italian Iris Society and Prof. Orsi, Margaret Cameron Longo and
Valeria
Romoli. Well done, Board!
Ciao,  Clarence

This was news to me.  I hope Bruce gets some mention into the AIS  Bulletin
International News.

Jim M.