Re: Request for Funding

Great discussion.  You are on the agenda, Neil.

Jody Nolin

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 2:34 PM Images@irises.org <Images@irises.org> wrote:
There is a list of questions that were used for printed interviews.  Actually an interview with Barry Blyth was put together into a PowerPoint with some slides from his garden years ago.  The interview was shown as a text Q ad A.  I am glad we have that.  Now lets make these more 21st century.

I will put together some questions as a guide as soon as I can find some time.  I am being held hostage in my garden by irises.

Let me start by asking you all:

Who would be good candidates to film the interviews?  I imaging someone who can set up two cameras or more on tripods to capture different angles.  The Audio only needs be on one camera, editing the video can be done with software.  I would offer some suggestions for framing.  Who ever does this needs to practice.

Who would be interviewed and who would interview them?  The absolute best situation would be a conversation between the “interviewee” and a friend as the interviewer.  Questions should me more” way.

I would like you all to suggest candidates for work on this: Videographers, interviewer and subjects.

Here are some questions, but I want others to suggest their own:

Tell us about your history in horticulture?
When did you first become interested in horticulture?  ...irises?  Which class(es0 do you enjoying working with the most?

Do you have a role model?

When did you first get involved in AIS?  Other groups?

Is there a cultivar in which you have the most pride?  Was there a “WOW!’ moment that you recall when seeing a particular cultivar?

Talk about an award that you won...

What percentage of your seedlings do you introduce?

Do you have a goal that you have achieved, or one that you still haven’t quite made you’d share with us?

In which contributions to AIS are you most proud?  Other organizations?

Many question will lead to an “explain that,” “why” or another follow up...

How’s that for a start?

Neil

Neil Houghton, AIS Image Coordinator
AIS Digital Program Coordinator