Re: Happy Iris Day (yesterday)

Susan,
You may have seen my note in the spring issue of the bulletin about irises
in China.
Thanks for the additional information.  Kathleen

The iris (yuenwii) is an important and popular Chinese flower.
In Chinese culture, irises are given to repel evil spirits, especially on
lunar May 5 when irises are hung over
doors. Eating irises is said to prolong one9s life.