Re: Online Bulletins

Good work, John, as usual! It will be interesting to consider this
alternative!
Ruth

In a message dated 5/19/2011 5:57:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

Following up on Bob Pries'  lead on the American Gardener  magazine; I
have found the technology they used to have the AHS  issue on line.

I am checking to see if they have any discounted pricing  for non-
profits, but their standard pricing runs from $3.00 to $4.00 per  page
or, for us, $187.00 to $272.00 per issue at our current size.  Not an
unreasonable cost especially if we can get a lot of people  switched
off print. It also is not a bad advertising tool because we  could
very easily advertise the url. Also depending on how we  promote it,
the electronic publication could be a benefit for our  advertisers and
perhaps command a premium if they want to be in the  online version.

For our historical archive of bulletins, based on a 100  page bulletin
the cost to us would range from $275.00 to $400.00 per  issue. That
would be very expensive to do for our complete  collection. I have
written to ask them if they have a more  appropriate (and less costly
solution) for the  collection.

John

To  sign-off this list, send email to the AIS  Secretary
<aissecretary@irises.org>
The archives for AISDiscuss  are  at: