Re: Marie Caillet

I cannot invent more beautiful and appropriate words than Jeanne's. I hope many people will donate to AIS in her memory. She would have liked that. I am so proud to have been the person who nominated Marie for the Gold Medal...and I am so happy that everyone on the Board agreed. She was a giant in the history of AIS. Clarence

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeanne Plank <plankmail@aol.com>
To: AIS Discuss AISdiscuss@aisboard.org <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Fri, May 21, 2010 2:01 pm
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Marie Caillet

Marie Caillet was a person of towering significance in the history of American iris -- especially of Louisiana Irises.
  Her contributions will not be forgotten.
  We are fortunate to have had her in our midst.
  Her life was long and her achievements many, but nonetheless her passing saddens us.
  Jeanne

Jeanne Clay Plank
  Immediate Past President AIS