Re: Putting 'Basic Iris Culture' booklet on the AIS web page

MORRISJE1@aol.com wrote:

.... The web site does cost us in time and money.

Jim M.

I don't see how the time factors into this. The people who put in the time don't get the money.

The time I put into iris society activities is to improve the quality of the organizations and their products. For me and many others there is no direct financial impact to AIS for the (often very large) amounts of time spent. But the Society is made more worthwhile to members, and therefore more viable.

The AIS has many activities. Some are targeted as money-makers. Others are deliberately subsidized, while a third group is intended to be revenue-neutral. We seldom mention this explicitly, but one of the board's most important tasks is acting as a sorting hat to assign activities to one of the three bins in a way that maximizes the overall value of AIS.

Gerry