2007 calendars

Hi folks
Based on sales of the 2006 calendars, I am going to order 1000 less this year.
We ordered 3500 last year. We have 1500 left over.
Cost last year was 3500 @ $1.95 each = $6825.00 (2007 budget number was the same.)
Proposed cost this year will be 2500 @ $2.06 each = $5150.00
I am enough of an optimist to think that we can sell MORE this year if we work at it. Also, they should be available about a month and a half earlier, still not what we need, but we are moving in the right direction. With the photo contest, I hope that we could have the 2008 calendars available in the summer or even at shows in the spring time. I did take a bunch of 2006 calendars into our local garden center last December (both the AIS 6" x 9" and the Turner Publishing 12" x 12") and they ALL sold. I may make a pitch for that in the Bulletin.
The calendar photos are "out of here" and in setup in Oakland. That takes 2 weeks , then they are off to Hong Kong. A tentative schedule would have them delivered here about the end of August. Possibly earlier but dont bet on it.
Convention plants look wonderful and early buds are popping. Generally, people are saying that branching is poor this year. I did find a seedling yesturday with 13 buds so it is hit and miss. MEDIANS are wonderful. Buds are rising on 1/4 acre of Louisianas!
Terry
The Turner Publishing Calendar is on my desk for proofing and I will deal with that this weekend.