Re: AIS Promotion Materials

As a follow up to this, the way it goes is usually as follows.

Our local society gets new members usually from those that visit our shows or regularly buy Iris at our sales.  They are excited to join a group of local irisarians and learn more about their favorite flower or participate in our local events.  They usually really don't know anything about AIS or the fact nothing would be possible without AIS.

I know I can be giving out AIS info at these events but people are usually interested in the local society first.

As RVP I am constantly talking up AIS at our local meetings and gave a presentation about the hierarchy of the Iris world from AIS to the Regions to the local societies several months ago.

Prior to recent times an affiliate paid a higher fee for membership if less than 50% of members were AIS members.  I remember it was tough to get to that 50% mark but at least there was some incentive for the local societies to get more AIS members back then.

I don't know the reason why this requirement was dropped in favor of one rate for all but at least if we had an "About AIS" PowerPoint for use by local societies and Regions, perhaps it would generate more interest and membership for AIS.

Howie Dash

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail