Fw: Question - Re: New emembership and irisregister account

Hi everyone,
Who can point Brian in the right directions?
-----Forwarded Message-----
From: onagadori@yahoo.com
Sent: Mar 21, 2013 5:02 PM
To: "AisMemSec@irises.org"
Subject: Question - Re: New emembership and irisregister account

Hello Tom,

This is Brian Reeder writing with a question. I have been enjoying my membership as a new AIS emember, especially reading up on the Iris Journals and looking through the registries. I have also found and been using the iris wiki. I do have a question though. I cannot find any listing or reference, either in the registry data or in the iris wiki as to which bearded iris are tetraploid and which are diploid. Can you advice me on where or how I can find this information? I think it will be important to know as i venture into hybridizing the bearded iris more seriously. Also, is there a message board for Bearded Iris or Louisiana iris? I have found a siberian iris robin, but not yet for the other two. Finally, if a diploid bearded is crossed to a tetraploid bearded is there no fertility or are triploids produced? If triploids are produced, are they ever fertile or always sterile? Thank you!

Brian Reeder

Tom Gormley
AIS Membership Secretary
PO Box 177
DeLeon Springs, FL 32130
386-277-2057
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary The archives for AISDiscuss are at: http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/