Re: Scanner for the AIS Library

In a message dated 3/3/2010 4:20:16 P.M. Central Standard Time, plankmail@aol.com writes:
As best I can determine from the discussion cluttered up by the "test", Jim withdrew his motion earlier this week.  And, from reading in Robert's rules of order -- it is NOT necessary (ever, probably) for me to withdraw my second.  According to Robert's Rules Jim may unilaterally withdraw his motion with impunity up to the time it goes into formal discussion.  Because it had gone to discussion, if you "need" to go by the book, it may have to be withdrawn by a vote of the "assembly" because, according to Robert's Rules, once in formal debate  a motion "belongs to the Assembly."  Regardless -- withdrawing my second is unnecessary and immaterial.
However, although it is unnecessarily, I do withdraw my second, and I recommend that Jim's motion be allowed to be withdrawn without having to endure a formal vote to do so.
Jeanne
Amen.