Re: Guest Editor Report

Wonderful news!  Kudos to Jim Morris and Kelly Norris for stepping up!

Maureen Mark

PlankMail@aol.com wrote: Dear Members of AISDiscuss:
     I'm pleased to announce that two individuals have agreed to serve as
Bulletin Guest-Editors for the July and October 2007 issues of the AIS
Bulletin.
I'm hoping that within a week or two I will be able to add the name of a
guest-editor for the month of January 2008.
     Jim Morris, AIS Board Director and Section Liaison, has agreed to be
Guest-Editor for the July Bulletin issue.  Jim is a perfect fit for this
initial
guest-editor position. As both Board member and Section Liaison, Jim
understands the Board's point of view as AIS embarks on this interim period,
and he
will have insight into a Bulletin issue that is traditionally devoted to the
progress and projects within the AIS Sections.  Considering Jim has just
completed
the master task of putting together the MIS 50th Anniversary publication, I
am indeed grateful he has agreed to take on the 1st Guest Editor slot.
     Kelly Norris, (Region 21), first runner-up for the 2006 Clarke Cosgrove
Award, Editor of the Dwarf Iris Society Newsletter and member of the AIS
Scientific Advisory Committee has agreed to be Guest-Editor for the October
2007
Bulletin issue.  Kelly is a remarkable young man with an impressive array of
credentials beyond those listed above. Kelly is attending Iowa State
University,
majoring in Horticulture.  He is the youngest person to be certified as a
Master Gardner in Iowa. He has done some hybridizing and is in the AIS judges
program. AIS should be very pleased that Kelly has agreed to take on a
Bulletin
Guest-Editor position.
hese are individuals well known throughout the AIS, well known for the
thoroughness of the work they produce, well known for delivering on their
assignments -- and, importantly, they have agreed to serve when asked in a
time of need.
     This guest-editorship period has the potential for being a great time of
growth, and an opportunity for different ways of looking at our publication.
No modifications or changes will be written in stone, but everyone will be
invited to comment on any that are employed.
     Please join me in welcoming these two accomplished individuals, Jim
Morris (July) and Kelly Norris (October), to the realm of AIS Guest-Editor,
and in
thanking them for being willing to shoulder these important assignments.
     Cheers!
          Jeanne

 AOL now offers free email to everyone.

Pat Randall