From: "Ron Killingsworth" <102w@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:07:10 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: [AISdiscuss] AIS Website

I agree with Bob Pries that the price seems high to me - but admit I am no web
site guru.B  Seems we should have some computer experts within our
organization who could make small changes to the web site -- ok, this may not
be a small change -- what do I know? - but again I think that's a lot of money
honey.

Second, I agree with Andi that we should not rush into making changes for
cosmetic reasons.B  Have there been complaints about the menus?B  Would Bob
Pries ideas be better?
I looked at all the web sites Andi suggested and wow, we are really have a
model A ford website compared to those web sites.B  I can think of many great
pictures that could fill the beginning page of the web site, like the web
sites Andi suggested looking over, and yet our site has such a bland first
page.

Third, I agree with Jim Morris that the new "electronic services chairperson"
should be involved in this discussion.B  The question is:B  Are the changes
worth the money?

So, I guess I am saying I feel this needs more study and that if we are going
to update the front page, maybe we could really update it to include a better
visual picture of who we are. And, to me it makes no difference where the
money is coming from, out of the left pocket or out of the right pocket, we
are still looking at a lot of money at a time when the budget seems to be
running over.

Ron Killingsworth, Director