Re: Election of AIS Directors

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:56 PM, Ron Killingsworth wrote:

> I too think this is an awful waste of money at a time when AIS is very short on funds.  I also resent the allegation that the board purposely violated the by-laws.

Just to be clear, I did not imply that the Board purposely violated the Bylaws, In fact I specifically stated "I do not believe that the error was intentional. "

> It also begs the question of why this was not brought up at the time the so called violation occurred so that immediate corrective action could have been taken.

I cannot speak to that as I was not in the Executive session.

> As I recall Mr. Jones' name was considered by the board for a position on the board and was not selected by the board from among the candidates.  There were more candidates than positions available and someone had to lose out.  Mr Jones having previously served on the board, and a current employee of the organization, was passed over, in my opinion, so that someone that had not previously served on the board and without any possible conflicts of interest might have the opportunity to serve.

> I also want it perfectly clear than should Mr. Jones' name appear on any ballot, I would vote against him for the position because of his previous serve on the board, because he is a paid employee of AIS and because he obviously places his personal desires above the organization -- willing to spend thousands of the membership's money to obtain a position on the board. I do not normally speak personally about individuals in such an open form of discussion but Mr. Jones cast the first stone.

Mr. Killingsworth is certainly entitled to vote as he chooses for whatever reasons he may have, but I cast no stone. I merely asked a question. To infer a personal motive from that is disingenuous.

I have served the American Iris Society for many years in many ways and I think my record stands as one who has always tried to advance the organization in the best ways possible.

John
John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorders, American Iris Society
aisregistrar@irises.org

John Jones, Chairman, Electronic Services Committee
aiselectronicsvcs@irises.org

35572 Linda Drive
Fremont, CA 94536