Re: Bulletin Damage

Terry,

I am sorry but the only past president that can make a motion is the immediate past president. Other than that, only existing board members can make a motion.

Michelle

On 6/5/2013 8:36 AM, Terry Aitken wrote:
We receive about one damaged bulletin per year. Ripped cover - usually the
back.
This is strange because we get mail order catalogs almost daily with no
damage.
The main difference seems to be the heavier stock paper used on the AIS
Bulletin cover. This is counter intuitive?????
My problem, as editor, was to find competitive bidders for the shrink wrap.
Sounds like Kelly has somebody that is reasonable.
With shrink wrap, it could be that we could use lighter cover stock which
would affect paper cost plus less shipping weight.
So the question is- is it worth 10 cent per bulletin to get an intact copy?
I make a motion to go for shrink wrap.
Terry Aitken,
Tired turkey

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of Harold Griffie
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:54 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Bulletin Damage

I am in agreement with Kelly. I have received damaged copies in the past and
never complained to anyone  in AIS. I have not recently received a damaged
copy, but I know how frustrating it can be. We owe our members a quality
product and I don't see any improvement in the Postal Service handling of
the Bulletin. I think we have to go to a shrink-wrapped product. I don't
like spending extra money, but it is necessary in this case.
Hal Griffie