From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of Janet Smith
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:46 PM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: [AISdiscuss] AIS Registrar/Recorder and Registration
ImageCoordinator

In hopes of clarifying some of the questions asked, let me remind you
that I was part of the committee who came up with the guidelines for
the Image Coordinator position.  I am well aware of the intent.  It
was first thought that Registrar/Recorder would be the best place to
begin the request for photos. The final draft was submitted and at
the November Board meeting 2011 the Board voted on it and accepted me
as the Image Coordinator.  However, as John became more familiar with
his job, things changed.

Since November, John Jones, Judy Keisling and I have been working on
the logistics of getting the "intended" process set in place. In
order to streamline this, have less confusion for the hybridizers and
ensure that the photo submitted by the hybridizer matches the name
recorded and approved by the registrar-recorder, it was decided that
a form would be sent "requesting" photos from the hybridizers along
with the registration certificate. The guidelines set forth by the
"committee" are still intact and will be followed.

The intent has not been compromised and this streamlining makes it
less complicated and more efficient to ensure the accuracy of the
registered names etc to the Image Coordinator.  This way the
requested photos are received with accurate information of the
files that must be kept by the Image Coordinator and distributed as
voted on by the Board.

Therefore, since the intent has remained in place and the
guidelines set forth by the committee have been kept intact there
is no need to readdress this issue.

Because I have been involved in this from the beginning I know what I
am doing and how it should be accomplished in the best way possible
for the next person who would be doing this job.  By that time the
bugs will have been worked out and the streamline production we
(Judy, John and I) have set in place will be working smoothly.

In answer to the question have all the hybridizers been advised of
this procedure ---- the information has been posted on the AIS
website and hybridizers will receive personal notification of the
request along with their registration certificate.

What if the hybridizer does not have a picture ---this process is a
request for photos they can send them or not.  They can also send
them at a later date if need be.  Remember this is a request for
photos not a requirement.

Janet