Re: Electronic Voting -- how about for free?

Thanks Gerry. Is my Id still jIj?  What is my password?

I am testing and will have some comments.

Thanks

John
On Jun 20, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Gerry Snyder wrote:

Not long ago I wrote that although I knew (or could learn) how to implement the electronic voting scheme, I didn't think I could get something workable by the deadline for next year's ballot. It seems I was mistaken.

The current version of my efforts is at URL:

http://irisarian.dynip.com:8080/aejaks/app? AEJAKS_SCRIPT_NAME=execVotes.tcl

It has the complete AIS ballot for this year, available for anyone to examine by clicking on the button for anonymous viewing. The entire process of voting may be undertaken, except for saving the votes. A list of those iris voted for is available. A warning is given if more than the allowed number of votes are entered, but nothing further at this time (the final version will of course not count sections with too many votes).

If instead of anonymous login, you enter a user ID and password, the function of saving your votes becomes available. If you save your votes and sign on again, your votes are restored so that you can resume the process or change your selections.

The button for showing totals is not functional at the time of this writing, but since none of you have voted there is nothing to show anyway. It should be available Sunday.

If you are interested in exploring more (and I hope many are), please email me requesting a user ID and password, and use it to enter and save some votes--they can be how you really voted, but not necessarily.

I am interested in any feedback you care to give.

Gerry Snyder

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society