3873 Rush Mendon Road
Mendon, NY 14506
iPhone: (585) 301-8256 (Voice/SMS)

On Jul 28, 2020, at 12:45 PM, cheryl deaton <region15kids@hotmail.com> wrote:

Okay, here are my two cents worth.  As a small (very small) hybridizer who takes horrible blurry pictures, I would not have been able to submit photos with my two latest introductions without a GREAT deal of help from Neil Houghton. Lucky enough to attach photos but having no idea how to crop, or do anything else with regard to the camera on my phone, 'images' would not have been submitted with my intros. Thank you again Neil.  I have had names 'reserved for more than 6 years, but have not had an iris that 'matched' the name, and I have paid for the privilege of reserving those names.  I was against 'requiring' the submission of photos from the get go.  I think many, many smaller hybridizers do not have the ability or the wherewithal to pay a photographer to capture the image of their new intros. I will bet dollars to donuts that the majority of compliance is done by the big guys who have catalogs and websites.  My two recent intros were the first in over 3 years that I introduced, and we already have a requirement that they need to be offered for sale in a catalog or other venue.  Not easy for someone like me.  The more you 'require' the less compliance you will get from the smaller guys. Who cares if your new 'baby' is officially registered with AIS? Unless you aspire to win the Dykes, you can introduce an iris locally with a name, sell it at club sales, etc. and fly under the radar of AIS. And unless someone, like a judge or AIS member notices, who cares? AND THE NEW WEBSITE SUCKS!!!!! It is soooo difficult to navigate, and things are placed in strange categories. I hear nothing but complaints from members of all three clubs I belong to.
Cheryl Deaton

From: aistalk@googlegroups.com <aistalk@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Images@irises.org <Images@irises.org>
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2020 8:27 AM
To: aistalk@googlegroups.com <aistalk@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Iris images with registrations

Yes to Howie! Plan for 2021!

Phyllis: good idea. It is prominently displayed on the website, but not all hybridizer go there 9some have no access) or read N and N apparently.  Taking this all into account, the small group established last week (John, Jody, Andi and I) have been communicating and will be presenting some ideas on Wednesday.

It is my suggestion that before we adopt some changes, the group on Wednesday can discuss this and we announce that this will be a topic of discussion at a regular meeting. Then we discuss it as a resolution and make sure that hybridizers are aware.

We know that the Board supports this concept.

We need consensus on the process.  Then follow through by all.

I have heard from one RVP who will follow up in their Region.  I’m not sharing the names with the entire group, but how would folks feel about sharing them with the RVP?

Neil

Neil

Neil Houghton, AIS Image Coordinator
AIS Digital Program Coordinator