Re: Motion to approve minutes!

Electronically, AIS Discuss now constitutes an open meeting.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Boyce" <irisgal@hotmail.com>
To: "aisdiscuss" <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:09:07 PM
Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] Motion to approve minutes!

Hi all,

      According to Roberts Rules:

"The minutes of one meeting are approved at the next regular meeting,
following the call to order, and opening ceromonies."

      In another section of Roberts Rules, it states:

"The minutes of the adjourned meeting need to be approved at the next regular
meeting."

      Furthermore it states:

"That the corrections need to be made in an open meeting by the assembly."

Susan Boyce

> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:03:59 -0400
> From: robertpries@embarqmail.com
> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> Subject: [AISdiscuss] Motion to approve minutes!
>
> As many of you may have noticed the minutes from the spring meeting were put
up on AISboard. In looking back at the AIS website I noted that they are
generally added to the AIS website around the end of July for the world to
see. But strangely the minutes are approved by the board at the fall board
meeting. I would like to suggest a procedural change.

> It seems strange to put the minutes out before they have been approved by
the board which traditionally happens at the Fall meeting for the Spring
minutes. I would like to make a motion that as soon as the minutes become
available, they be reviewed by the board, perhaps for a week and then changes
made and the finished minutes be voted and approved by e-mail instead of
waiting till the next board meeting and then after board approval be placed on
the website.

> The world moves faster today than it used to. With e-mail and other
electronic communications everyone expects things to proceed at a faster pace.
It is now easy to make any corrections in data, spelling, grammar etc., first
before displaying them to the world. I would love to see them up more quickly
after each meeting, but I understand that is not always easy. But if we are
going to put them up, why not do an approved version. Reducing the amount of
material needed to review for the fall meeting would be an added benefit.