RE: July AIS Bulletin for Emembers

I know this is not the popular view and I have bit my tongue on this for a
long time but a couple of recent emails sent to me as a board member have
made me decide to speak out.  I think our life members should be
grandfathered and get access to everything offered.  At a time when we are
trying to raise our membership, and grow our organization, the grumbles I am
hearing from our older members, in particular, are worrysome.  I think
alienating our existing members so that we might acquire a few new, probably
temporary, e-members is wrong.  Almost every life member I know feels
cheated by the decision to leave them out of so many things unless they pay
more money.  How much does an e-membership cost us?  If it is already built
and set up for our e-members, what does it actually cost us to offer it to
our existing members?  It seems to me we ought to be thinking of additional
things to offer our members to keep them active and happy, not things to
charge them for.  It's beginning to feel like one of the airlines....peanuts
anyone?

Dana  (putting on her flak jacket)

Dana D. Brown
Malevil Iris Gardens & Kennels