Encyclopedia & New Year

We have reached another milestone with the Iris Encyclopedia. Betsy has
finished entering the 1939 checklist. She did not put in all the synonyms but
every iris name that has some information is now entered, at least we think.
Since previous estimates indicated there are around 65,000 names, apocryphal
or not, the box on the front indicates we are 93% finished. But that is
probably a low estimate and we are farther along than indicated. Now one can
do a search for a given hybridizer, and you get everything they registered no
matter how long ago. B  If you can not find a registered Iris, please let us
know. But for all practical purposes the Encyclopedia now has a page for every
registered Iris. Thanks to Betsy!

Of course just because a page exists, it does not mean it contains all the
information it will ultimately have. We have lots of images to find. But
presently the Encyclopedia is now the most complete Iris resource available.
Have a happy New Year!