Fwd: Iris from 1930's

Dear You'all and Those Who Are Smarter Than I,
Does anyone know a source for William Mohr?
THANKING IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPONSE(s)
Yours in Iris,
Wayne C. Smith, Jr. RVP Region 5

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Robert Howell <f86-b52@att.net>
> Date: January 28, 2013, 3:21:10 PM EST
> To: " Jr.Wayne C. Smith" <waynecjr@bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Iris from 1930's
>

> Dear Sir:  To introduce myself - I am a retired AF Col. and live in
Batesburg.  Moved here in 2010 after 36 years as an antique dealer following
24 years as an AF pilot.  As a younster growing up in NW Iowa, I had some
Aunts who raised iris and they gave me one when I was probably about 10 (born
in 1929 and currently 83) . It was a Wm. Mohr and I entered one of the blooms
in a local flower show and won a 1st prize.  I have always wanted to have
another, but a military life didn't help to set out iris bulbs.  Anyway, I
have been trying to find one of the growers that might still have a Wm. Mohr.
Had one from Calif., ;but lost the paper work and they didn't publish a
ctalog.  So tried thru the Historicaql Iris Society and that is a very
difficult web site to navigate to found a name - Jeff Walters who was listed
as the Commercial lead man and he lived like a neighbor in Spartanburg so
called and got him.   He said he had been out of that job for nearly 2 years
and recommended I contact you in my effot to find a grower that still raised
Wm. Mohn.  If you can be any assistance in that regard, please drop me an
E-mail.  Any help you can give will be appreciated.  Robert D. Howell, Col,
USAF (Ret.)