Re: Roy Epperson

I was shocked and saddened to hear of Roy's passing. Although I did not know him as long as many I certainly felt a close relationship to him the last couple of years. I spoke with Ruth Barker and we both intend to attend the funeral whenever it is set and we will convey the sympathies from the AIS board to his family.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Keisling" <keisling@swbell.net>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 6:43:03 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Roy Epperson

It is with sadness that I am letting you know that our President Roy Epperson passed away suddenly this weekend.

I was notified of his death by one of his daughters this afternoon.At this time I have no other information; funeral arrangements are pending.

His daughter told me that she expects that funeral arrangements will be made sometime tomorrow and she will notify me and I will provide it to all of you as soon as it is available.

Prior to my posting this message, Jeanne Plank and I attempted to contact the Officers, Directors, and Board Members to let them know prior to their reading this message.

It goes without saying that Roy will be greatly missed not only by those of us who knew him and worked with him for many years, but also by many others in the world of iris.

Judy Keisling
1st Vice President, AIS