Re: Irisregister CD

I think if you can't trust the internet then you had better have the books....Books still work and they are all available.

Will

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Snyder" <geraldcsnyder@gmail.com>
To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Irisregister CD

Robert Pries wrote:
I never gave it much thought before Jill's comment but I agree That the need for a CD is somewhat redundant when we already have the Iris Register. Besides with laptops everywhere and now I understand cell phones can get the internet one could probably find a kid at the show that could access the register for you.
A cute way of putting it, but wireless internet has too many failure modes at present to make relying on it for a show something I would risk. The situation is improving rapidly, and in the very near future the answer will be different, but the dependability just is not there yet.

We don't have to go back further than last fall's board meeting for an example.

Gerry