Update on Roy

Last night I spoke with Roy's daughter Sandra and got an update as of yesterday, January 29.

  Roy's condition is improving daily, so much so that he has been moved earlier than anticipated to a room in the hospital's Restorative Care Unit.  His new room number is 804.  For the next few days the focus of his treatment will be on physical therapy. Sandra told me that the doctors anticipate that he will be able to go home within a week.

  Jill Bonino was able to talk with Roy on Monday for a few minutes and updated him on a couple of things. When I called the hospital, he was unable to come to the phone but relayed greetings to everyone through Sandra.

  Sandra did say that it may be difficult to reach Roy by phone for the next couple of days, as he will be out of his room most of the day with physical therapy and exercise. She also mentioned that he tires easily so it would be better that phone calls wait until he returns home next week. Cards should be sent to his home address, rather than to the hospital.

  He received the flowers that we (AIS) sent him on Monday; included in the arrangement were lots if Dutch iris (of course) and also Shasta daisies. Sandra said that Roy really appreciated receiving the flowers.

  Jill, Michelle, and I are handling all AIS business until Roy is able to take over again, so please address your AIS-related questions to one of us.

  Judy Keisling