Re: AIS Silent Auction - your thoughts on this please

I do not believe an article that most people will see after the fact in the Bulletin is all that useful. As I pointed out earlier the PR committee is ready to give this as much publicity as we can on Facebook etc as soon as we have pictures. The book was sent from California to Kansas to do the photography. I apologize for not checking on things soon enough and not having the idea on putting an article in the January Bulletin but I am not sure we could have gotton the pictures soon enough. Betsy and I talk on a regular basis and frankly My advice was that AIS should do this for free as a courtesy to ASI. I think everyone needs to get into the perspective that although there are listings of the Dykes Monograph for $1000 or $2000 many of those listings are still there and the has been not sale. Perhaps we have a better targeted audience. Francesca was a good friend and phone pal and I would like to see her wishes carried out. It seems like it has been a year since Betsy and I !
 started working on this. Even though Francescas Family have been great helps it has taken a lot of work on the part of Betsy Higgins, Ken Walker, and Lynn Wilson to get us to this point. I believe expectations are suddenly too high and everyone seems to want a piece of the action.

----- Original Message -----
From: pattoolan2@bigpond.com
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Cc: MORRISJE1@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:37:01 AM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] AIS Silent Auction - your thoughts on this  please

About two hours ago I made comment but it seems to have not appeared on aisdiscuss.
I too have been forwarding the discussion to Betsy Higgins but I have not heard from her at all since.
My own laptop is being renewed so I have resorted to using a daughter's which is not the best.
Betsy and Lyn need to discuss all the comments which have been posted and then decide the best move in the interests of ASI.
Pat Toolan
ASI President